Seamus and Neil of Doctor Maher’s have developed a fantastic range of natural body care products using only natural, hypoallergenic ingredients, known for their exceptional skin benefits. They were finally ready to launch the business when they asked me to help them build their brand online.
My brief was to design and develop a brochure and eCommerce website which would showcase the business & products and position them as leading products in their niche.
We began by exploring the goals of the business. On consultation with Seamus and Neil, we established their goals as follows:
1. to sell their product range online
2. to create a professional, visually appealing online image
3. to rank well in search results for the relevant keywords, positioning the range as superior, unique and all-natural
4. to demonstrate that they were experts in their field, considering that Neil has a Doctorate in Biochemistry and has worked for years as a Cosmetic Chemist
5. To get people talking positively about their products online
The task was big, but we were lucky that the guys had a great product range which lived up to the desired reputation.
We generated and carried out a plan for achieving their goals. We did the following:
=> designed and built the website, while carrying the branding through all aspects of the website
=> conducted research to determine relevant keywords which were being used often in Google searches. We then looked at the Google Adwords competition for these keywords and selected keywords which were used often but for which competition was not too high.
=> populated our pages with these keywords, while keeping the text easy to read.
=> conducted extensive on-page SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to make the site as visible and easy-to-navigate as possible for the search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
=> set up the blog which they were advised to have in place
=> provided detailed training to Seamus, Neil and Alison on blogging techniques to achieve 4 goals:
– to position themselves as experts in their niche by demonstrating their knowledge of the body care industry
– to educate their website visitors on their product features and benefits
– to get found in a Google search for their chosen keywords
– to have content which they could share on social media and get conversations going. The goal was to get people talking positively about their products and their benefits.
The website pages currently rank at page 1 for the chosen keywords and organic visitor numbers have risen steadily. Online sales have been good.
This has all been helped by the products being featured on national television on more than one occasion since the website launch.
A major boost is that the products have recently been approved by Lloyd’s Pharmacy and will be stocked in 90 of their shops nationwide.
This business is a real success story, whose triumph resulted from hard work, persistence, expert knowledge and sheer determination by Seamus and Neil. You can visit their website at www.doctormahers.com and their online shop at www.doctormahers.com/shop
When looking to engage a company to develop a Website and online shop for our start up natural body care business, we were very conscious that this platform would be the first point of contact and shop window for potential customers. Having received very positive reports and strong recommendations for Social4biz, we engaged Noelle to develop our website and eCommerce facility. The whole experience was seamless as Noelle is always available for guidance and advice. For such a professional service, Social4biz is great value and very competitively priced. We are extremely happy with the outcome and could not recommend Noelle strongly enough.Seamus Lynch